The extra-curricular programme includes a range of daily sports and morning and evening clubs and activities, designed to foster team spirit and the confidence to integrate with others when students move on from Bishopstrow.
As well as our onsite activities, we organise a stimulating and varied programme of fully-supervised trips at weekends. These allow students to discover places of cultural, geographical and historical interest and to sample the great outdoors through walking and other physical pursuits.
Sightseeing, cultural visits and even shopping provide contexts within which speaking and listening skills are put to the test. They are also great fun and provide memories to last a lifetime.
Trips and excursions may include London museums and art galleries, outdoor activity centres, trips to the beach and coastal walks. Local attractions include Stonehenge and Longleat and visits to neighbouring towns and cities, such as Bath, Bristol, Salisbury and Oxford.
A typical schedule may be as follows:
- Every Evening: Supervised Prep (homework).
- Mondays: Games and Sport.
- Tuesdays: Arts and Crafts and Sport.
- Wednesdays: Drama / Creative Thinking and Sport.
- Thursdays: Sport and Art.
- Fridays: Tuck Shop and free choice of activities.
- Saturdays: Weekly assessments, followed by on-campus and local activities.
- Sundays: A stimulating and varied programme of fully-supervised trips.
The College operates an innovative four-term academic year. There are no Half Terms and no fixed ‘exeat’ weekends for students.